Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Overwhelmed Bird

I found this image by searching for "overwhelmed magpie."
I find it very soothing, and it makes me want to do paper crafts.
(image from a pretty Canadian crafting/vintage blog called Mlle Magpie)


I feel overwhelmed by life, the world, finances, obligations, desires, options, constraints, a messy house, public shooting rampages, weather events, the whole of the Internet, all the books I want to to read and to write, the places I want to travel to, the person I want to be, the person I am, the people I live with, aging, wardrobe, all the back issues of the New Yorker I will never read, a longing for people gone away or dead, a longing for springtime, a longing for summer, that coat at the dry cleaners I keep forgetting to pick up, taxes, my inability to create more minutes in a day, and a deep, deep desire to have a sequestered sleep vacation.

Reading:
Writing:

I have read things and I have written things, many things of different sorts and for different reasons. I am overwhelmed by all that is not yet read or written. I have also been neglecting the ToT and I can hear it rattling and complaining over there on my desk.

Dinner: Monday, for President's Day, my dearie Jess and her monkeys came all the way from their compound far out east to spend the afternoon with us. I made Jess my famous ginger lentil soup (served with a drizzle of balsamic). There is a whole blog post in this soup, but not today. I lamely facilitated the making of pizzas for the children. Somehow imagined it as an event, but it didn't really play that way. Pizzas were good though.

Tuesday, I made another old standby - curried cauliflower over cheese ravioli (from Michelle Urvater's M-F Pasta book).

Soundtrack: Z's orchestra is doing a mini arrangement of Smetana's "Moldau" this spring. She hurt her wrist and couldn't practice on Tuesday, so instead we listened to the real thing. It is a tone poem about the Czech river Vltava, and it gets very loud!

Random thing: When you sit on my living room couch, the ticking of the two clocks on this floor is loud and syncopated.

1 comment:

  1. You can only do so much, but what you do (and have done) is awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete